KOAT-TV has an opening for an experienced Technical Director/Master Control Operator for our stationís live fast-paced newscasts and Master Control Operations. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. The TD/MCO will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and pre-production activities.
* The position is responsible for the visual direction of newscasts
* Successful candidate will provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew
* Employee will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast
* Newscast execution with Sony Switcher, ENPS, VIS RT graphics and Bitcentral video
* Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast
* Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, network and local programming
* Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals
* Operate Harris Automation equipment
* Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures
* Observing transmitters and taking readings as necessary
* Maintains program logs and reports discrepancies
* Executes, edits, updates and appends playlists
* Acquires content from various distributors
* Studio camera operations
* Should have 2+ years of experience working as a technical director at a commercial television station with extensive experience in the operation of a wide variety of broadcast equipment
* Computer literacy is mandatory
* Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
* Applicant must be able to multi-task
* Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
* Must be flexible with work schedules, work week may require weekends and holidays.
* Ability to learn specialized software applications
* Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements
* College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
* Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER