The Director II works in all areas of television production and is responsible for technical directing fast paced, complex newscasts and other local programming as well as assisting in completion of pre-production for newscasts.
• Oversees the set up and operations of equipment including camera, audio, video and lighting. Constructs and dismantles set.
• Ensures smooth operation of technical equipment and services during broadcast.
• Troubleshoots technical problems during production or broadcast.
• Directs assigned newscasts, which include "switching" newscasts and other productions, completing the pre-production for all newscasts and checking all sources prior to air.
• Monitors the status of all live shots and content prior to a live newscast.
• Works closely with news department, directors, producers, and promotions to ensure that the desired on-air look is attained with a minimal amount of errors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in TV production or related preferred.
• Minimum 1 year experience as a director/technical director.
• Working knowledge of television station production equipment.
Skills & Abilities
• Must be familiar with all aspects of television production including audio, switching, digital effects, camera operation and shot composition, lighting, and character generators.
• Good working knowledge of computers.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under extreme time constraints with poise and skill.
• Solid leadership skills.
• Excellent knowledge of proper composition, grammar and spelling.
• Must have excellent communication skills; ability to give directions in a clear, efficient manner.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Capable of working well with commercial clients while adding a creative look to commercial spots.
• Must be familiar with all aspects of television production........lighting, character generators, and news automation.
• Must be a team player.
• Constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors.
• Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.