ABC15 in Phoenix, Arizona is looking for an IT Support Technician to provide desktop support for local users to include servers, workstations, phones, tablets, laptops, printers and copiers, perform hardware and software installs/updates and operating system patching in a Window, Mac, IOS and Android environments and have experience with UNIX or Linux and command line interface. Successful candidate will read and understand simple custom scripts, have strong troubleshooting skills and respond to technology requests and issues in a timely manner. Additional duties include providing support, advice and technical training to users, in the use of systems and technologies available on the network, keep current with technology development, trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance and provide on-call 24/7 support as well as performing other duties as needed and as directed by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education & Experience/Certifications:
• Associates degree in IT or related field; or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of general IT experience.
• Experience in hardware and software support in a networked computer environment is required.
• Experience with system administration tools and processes.
• A familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
• Experience with the broadcast television technical equipment and systems would be a plus.
• Certificates in any of the above-mentioned a plus.
• Ability to work with stressful situations and multi-task as necessary.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical materials.
• Ability to work in a team environment or work independently with moderate supervision.
• An ability to work with the public and with other office personnel in person and by telephone in often stressful situations.
• Some moderate lifting up to 75 lbs. required.
• Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends and evenings.
• Occasional overtime.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you'll ever work in!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley.
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" you'll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every-level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous PTO plan that starts from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station's commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Television Station KNXV ABC15 is an Equal Opportunity Employer