Cleveland 19 News has an immediate opening for a News Operations Manager. We are looking for someone with strong managerial skills & a working technical knowledge of a multi-platform newsroom operation. As well as overseeing various news systems, this person will schedule and manage news photographers and editors.
The right candidate will assist in the development, implementation, and training processes of new & existing systems. Familiarity with the news production process, including non-linear edit systems, BitCentral and ENPS are necessary. The Ops Manager will oversee ENG, SNG, and LiveU newsgathering as well as manage the news fleet.
We need someone with a proven ability to diagnose & resolve problems associated with all technological facets in the newsroom. We need a good communicator who can work with everyone in the newsroom, as well as technical operations and digital, and help us continue to build a winning culture.
• Manage technical aspects of field newscasts and major planned coverage
• Assist in development, implementation, and training of new and existing systems
• Schedule, train, evaluate and supervise news photographers and editors
• Manage Bitcentral archives and content servers
• Purchase supplies and minor equipment, coordinate equipment repairs and/or installation of new equipment as needed
• Work with Digital Directors to coordinate workflow with field crews
• Manage ENG and SNG vehicles and keep staff updated on tech and safety training
• Manage fleet maintenance, tags, and EMKAY
• Manage video dubbing/licensing
• Maintain budgetary and HR records
• Approve time sheets
• Any other duties as assigned by management