Job Title Anchor, AM News
Education Bachelor's Degree
Career Level Experienced (Non-Manager)
Location Nexstar - KLAS - Las Vegas, NV 89109 US (Primary)
Job Type Full-time
8 News Now, KLAS, CBS Las Vegas has an immediate opening for a Morning News Anchor/Reporter.
The successful candidate must have great energy and personality to engage a morning news audience while presenting breaking news and live interviews.
Exempt (not eligible for over time):
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
1. Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
2. Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
3. Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
4. Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
5. Produces daily news story, including pkgs and live shots as assigned.
6. Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
7. Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
8. Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
9. Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
10. Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Work experience and education required for position:
1. Bachelorís degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
2. Minimum five yearsí experience in news reporting or anchoring.
3. Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, news makers and issues.
4. Is a newsroom leader helping to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
5. Proficiency with social media, computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
6. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
7. Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
8. Valid driverís license with a good driving record.
9. Flexibility to work any shift.
Special Skills Required:
1. Fluency in English.
2. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
3. Superior on-air presence.
8 News Now is owned by Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.