KRQE-TV a CBS affiliate is searching for a
multimedia journalist to join our news efforts in Albuquerque, NM. We need a storyteller who understands how to develop
local contacts, generate community news, enterprise story ideas and provide
reliable & accurate reporting. Successful candidates must be
able to shoot compelling video and interviews, write clearly, voice and edit
stories for broadcast and post content to the web.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation,
following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate
pertinent facts and details.
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in
order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or
attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to
obtain relevant facts.
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
• Shoots and edits news events and news reports.
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity
and production quality.
• Writes stories for the web and other digital media platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent
combination of education and work related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad
lib when required.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and
other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Multimedia Journalist must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use
electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with
individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that
impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work
outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in
environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Multimedia Journalist
must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 20 pounds,
and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive
movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate
To apply for this position, please click on the action link below:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****