KOAT-TV has an opening for an experienced broadcast Operations Technician. Day to day engineering operations functions include, but are not limited to, media management of items for broadcast, shading of television cameras, operate ENG and SNG receive equipment for Newscast, operate audio control consoles, file preparation and ingest equipment, various switching communications gear, ENG van, and any other television related equipment as assigned. They will also assist with IT management and assist users with computer and connectivity issues and also proactively participate in training other operators in all skill sets. Engineering Operating Technicians may also perform routine maintenance tasks as assigned. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
* Shade studio cameras for newscast and special events.
* Operate satellite and ENG receivers for acquisition of live microwave and satellite signals for news operations.
* Cover master control duties as needed and assist in the file management of all digital assets.
* Perform routine maintenance of file servers to keep content up to date and purge unneeded content as necessary.
* Have computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots.
* Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control and audio)
* Other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering and Assistant Chief Engineer.
* Prior experience in broadcast news production, IT technologies, technical school or college technical classes preferred.
* Related military experience will be considered
* Must have a "can do" attitude and a passion for excellence
* Must have flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned, including weekends and holidays.
* Must be able to work effectively with other team members
* Must have ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure.
* Must be able to multi-task accurately.
* Must be able to physically perform all tasks assigned.
* Must be able to follow instructions, verbal and written.
* College Degree preferred but not required
* Military training and experience will be considered
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER