WTVF AM Anchor
WTVF, a CBS affiliate in Nashville, TN has a fantastic opportunity for an AM Anchor that has a dynamic on-air presence and can connect with the viewers. We are looking for a newsroom leader who understands and excels at the multi-platform journalism. You should be able to create and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills. We are looking for someone who will continue the reputation of award-winning news coverage, and the highest journalistic standards.
The Anchor is responsible for preparing and delivering news reports for the AM newscast.
• Anchor the AM newscast, Monday through Friday
• Gather and write news content for multiple platforms, including posting stories on social media
• Report live on location from various news events
• Research and develop news stories
• Perform various community service activities for station, including performing as master of ceremonies for public service events and as host/hostess for station events
• Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments
• Perform other duties as needed and assigned
Education and Experience
• College degree preferred
• 2+ years experience in an anchor role
• 2+ years as a television news writer or producer with a background in enterprise or investigative journalism preferred
• Quality journalism, writing, and editing experience is a must
apply at www.scripps.com/careers
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.