Media Content Manager
The Media Content Manager is a strong journalist and leader who will manage news assignments and coverage across all platforms. This position is expected to facilitate winning coverage with strong advance planning, coordinating logistics, monitoring scanners, wires, and social media, and managing the desk staff. We are looking for a digitally focused manager who working with News Management and the Digital Director can help coordinate coverage on every media platform. You would take a lead role in news future planning and coordinating cross platform coverage in cooperation with news EPs and the Digital Director to help us grow our audiences and engagement.
• Plan news coverage as directed by news management
• Work with staff to plan, structure, report and write news and information for web sites and other social media platforms
• Point person for daily accountability of news crews for digital content
• Dispatch crews to stories and breaking news, using appropriate logistical and journalistic judgement
• Make calls to news sources as needed, gaining appropriate and actionable information
• Find stories, conduct research and track story ideas with emphasis on key brand points
• Work with other departments as needed to promote our brand
• Perform other duties as needed and as directed by news management
• Keep news managers and producers informed on progress of new stories
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Bachelor's degree in communications or in a related field
• Prior experience as assignment editor, assignment manager, or other related experience
Skills & Abilities
• Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office, non-linear, and production techniques
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently
• Understanding of the principles of responsible journalism
• Ability to work well with others in a team-based environment
• Ability to write effectively
candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.