Position: Sr. Digital Sales Specialist Station/Market: WOIO / WUAB Cleveland OH
Department: Sales/Digital Reports to: Digital Sales Manager / Jim Rini
WOIO is seeking a Sr. Digital Sales Specialist. This position reports directly to the Digital Sales Manager and is responsible for developing digital revenue by working with TV account executives and their clients. By working in concert with members of the core sales staff, the Senior DSS consults with local, regional and national businesses to understand their digital marketing and advertising needs. The Senior DSS will then create custom tailored solutions that are designed, implemented and executed for the client’s success.
An ideal candidate would have a good working knowledge of our digital products, excellent proposal preparation and execution plus strong presentation skills. The Senior DSS will also have the ability to develop new digital business in the marketplace using all our digital platforms. The Senior DSS will have quarterly and annual budget goals. A minimum of two years for digital sales is required.
• Support and work direct with Media Sales Team on digital advertising sales
• Perform customer needs analysis (CNA) in the field to uncover client’s goals and strategic objectives
• Develop automotive digital sales solutions for automotive clients
• From CNA create custom strategies and tactics to achieve client’s goals and format into custom client proposals; an present proposals to client
• Appropriate use of products to fulfill client needs and/or targeting/retargeting
• Recommend specific digital services to support the different areas in the “sales funnel”
• Evaluate Raycom’s digital product offerings against customer's needs, budget and competitors' offerings (products include but not limited to display, streaming, audience extension, native advertising and Social Media)
• Communicate specific product specifications and processes to clients to ensure quality and timely execution of purchased products
• Provide a consultation to advertisers on social media best practices and participate in social media engagement
• Work with Raycom corporate digital team to develop and execute digital media plans
• Once the campaign is underway, interpret results and optimize the campaign against key performance indicators
• Serve as project manager between sales, Raycom Ad Ops and Raycom Design Studio
• At the end of the campaign, create custom performance reports that effectively analyze how the customer’s goals were met or exceeded, with the objective of increasing retention and upsell
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A) (from four-year College or University) in digital marketing, digital advertising and/or digital sales; and 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Must have good working knowledge of internet and mobile media platforms, terminology, and analytics
• Must be highly proficient with SEM and SEO estimating tools, current IAB.net guidelines for display advertising, conducting customer needs analysis, and presenting technical information to large group
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Advanced digital industry knowledge about digital products including display advertising, streaming, native advertising, social media, SEM/SEO and audience extension products
• Advanced digital industry knowledge about website analytics including compiling usage reports and interpreting results i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, Flurry Analytics, comScore, DFP
• Must be highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Can easily identify priority items and complete in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required.