Are you ready for your next adventure?
Our sales team at Scripps is growing!
We are looking for innovative, passionate sales professionals to join our team. If you are interested in learning more, please complete your Scripps profile and one our recruiters will follow up with you.
Associate Account Executive
E.W. Scripps, a premier media organization is seeking a high-energy, multi-tasking Associate Account Executive to join our Sales team. The successful candidate will have some sales experience. You would be assisting and gaining working knowledge of the various departments within the sales department.
Phase I - You will gain a working knowledge and be trained in the performance of the following types of duties:
• Local Sales -- Handle airtime sales to advertising agencies and direct clients; process orders into station systems and generate contracts; schedule paid programming; resolve airtime scheduling problems such as revisions; make goods, preemptions, discrepancies and cancellations.
• Research/Marketing -- Prepare analysis of market program audiences and estimates; assist sales in marketing initiatives; create sales campaigns and presentations; work with Nielsen ratings/products; learn use of ABC network systems.
• Traffic -- Input local copy instructions and orders; manipulate inventory and commercial placement; formatting of daily logs.
• Digital -- Gain understanding of multi-platform media such as online media, mobile and digital sales.
Phase II - In the remaining months of the program, you will work with the account executives to become fully immersed in your role as a sales professional. Responsibilities will include:
• Perform client services including but not limited to avail presentations, package preparation, copy writing, credit applications, collections, etc.
• Create non-traditional revenue opportunities, coordinating production efforts for new clients and executing post-buy analyses of broadcast and digital schedules
• Obtain commercial material to be used by Traffic for on-air schedules.
• Develop new business for multiple platforms (such as on-air, mobile, online, digital) and utilize research to position the station as a premiere marketing vehicle.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
College degree in Communications or Marketing preferred.
Skills & Abilities
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
• Self-motivated, creative and strong people skills
• Detail-oriented with excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
• Ability to work within a team framework are required
• Driving required. Valid Driver's License, good driving record and ability to provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits.
External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.