The Account Executive, Digital Sales is responsible for selling online advertising solutions to local business owners.
• Generate new business through prospecting, cold-calling, referrals, networking, and market research.
• Develop digital revenue from both traditional and non-traditional advertisers.
• Act as the subject matter expert/consultant on digital advertising solutions for clients.
• Gain deep understanding of client's business through a thorough needs analysis.
• Maintain a pipeline of potential clients.
• Develops campaign proposals.
• Calls on local digital advertising customers.
• Develop strategic business plan to meet sales goals.
• Attend and actively engages in training and planning sessions.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Four-year college degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years proven sales success.
Skills & Abilities
• Prospecting, pre-call planning, needs analysis, selling and closing digital marketing solutions to direct businesses and advertising agencies.
• Develop, maintain and prospect new business from traditional and non-traditional advertisers located in the market using a consultative approach.
• Prepare and present marketing proposals utilizing quantitative and qualitative metrics.
• Effectively manage a sales funnel within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM), achieving appointment setting and presentation key performance indicators.
• Build rapport with clientele, provide excellent timely customer service, grow the accounts, and gain additional business from referrals.
• Assembly, delivery and interpretation of monthly customer reports and campaign optimization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Impeccable time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent knowledge of digital marketing and understanding of consumer behavior across multiple media channels.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you'll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don't brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" you'll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station's commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.