Administrative Assistant – JR04669
The Administrative Assistant provides high level, confidential administrative support in a fast-paced broadcasting/local station environment in the department to which he/she has been assigned. This will include but not be limited to staff schedules, handling phone calls, emails, record keeping, and office supplies. In addition will handle meetings and related meals/travel.
II. Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
• 20% Responsible for updating staff schedules and time off requests.
• 20% Handle general phone calls and emails; record keeping; distribute mail; maintain supply inventory; and video purchase requests. Greet guests and provide hospitality.
• 20% Provide administrative support to department. Coordinate department travel, meals, and meetings
• 20% Coordinate with human resources departmental employee relations activities as well as on recruitment, including scheduling interviews and travel as well as assisting with onboarding activities. Respond to routine employee questions, i.e. how to complete time cards, find Meredith@Work, locate forms.
• 10% Track departmental initiatives (i.e. talent appearances, etc.)
• 5% Provide periodic support/back up for newsroom functions such as assignment desk and web posting
• 5% Assist as need with administrative duties outside department – i.e. back-up receptionist for breaks, assist with appropriate expense report coding, assist with purchase order tracking, etc.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: High school graduate. College degree preferred.
Experience: Prior administrative support experience. Knowledge of broadcasting and/or television, especially within a assigned department preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Microsoft Word programs, Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Experience with Oracle Expense Reporting software, Sharepoint, Inews or other software helpful. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience with handling main telephone console helpful but not required.
% Travel Required (Approximate): less than 5%