The Integrated Account Executive is responsible for selling commercial airtime to new and existing accounts.
• Sell commercial air time to direct businesses and advertising agencies
• Develop, maintain and prospect new business from traditional and non-traditional advertisers located in the market using the Scripps Sales Process
• Prepare and present marketing proposals utilizing qualitative and quantitative research
• Negotiate advertising rates and program ratings
• Perform client services, including but not limited to avail presentations, package preparation, copy writing, credit applications, collections, etc.
• Effectively manage a sales funnel within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM), achieving appointment setting and presentation key performance indicators
• Build rapport with clientele, provide excellent timely customer service, grow the accounts, and gain additional business from referrals
• Perform other duties as needed or as directed by sales management
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Four-year college degree preferred
• Minimum of 2 years proven sales success
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to prepare and present marketing proposals utilizing quantitative and qualitative metrics
• Prospecting, pre-call planning, needs analysis, selling and closing marketing solutions to direct businesses and advertising agencies
• Assembly, delivery and interpretation of monthly customer reports and campaign optimization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Excellent knowledge of the media landscape and understanding of consumer behavior across multiple media channels
• Proven ability to build strong client relationships, including entertaining potential and existing clients
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Increase market share from established account base with a focus on business development.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you'll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don't brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" you'll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station's commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including "THE LIST" and "The Now," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation's largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER