Position:TV Local Production Producer
We’re looking for a creative producer eager to influence our broadcast and digital audiences with inspired videos. This is your opportunity to create compelling short form and long form video projects that make a positive difference for advertisers, nonprofits and our overall community. You’ll research, plan, write, shoot and/or direct photography, design graphics as you produce commercials for linear and digital platforms. You will create dynamic PSAs, vignettes, local programming and other special projects as assigned.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Gifted storyteller using video, audio, graphics for diverse audiences.
• Conceptualize, write, shoot, edit commercial messages for clients who advertise on WRAL-TV, WRAZ-TV and Capitol Broadcasting Company’s multiple platforms.
• Conceptualize, write, shoot and post local programs for WRAL-TV, WRAZ-TV and Capitol Broadcasting Company’s multiple platforms.
• Strong technical skills in DSLR videography, non-linear editing, field and studio production, including an augmented/virtual reality studio.
• Proficient with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator.
• Technical knowledge within a control room environment.
• Thrive working independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment. Multitasking is your middle name!
• Willing to occasionally work nights and weekends
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in video production, communications, marketing or related field.
• Minimum of two years’ experience writing and producing on-air advertising for a variety of products.
• Experience producing impactful programs and collaborating with community partners on the program’s mission.
• Must be able to provide video examples of previous work.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. All candidates must apply online at http://www.capitolbroadcasting.com/careers/. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV , WRAL Digital , WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM , WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace , CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality and Bull Durham Beer Co., and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC; and Professional Builders Supply (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.
POSTED: April 5, 2018 CLOSING:April 19, 2018
It is the policy of the company to be fair and impartial in all relations with employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, age, sex, military status, national origin, physical/mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law.