The Commercial Producer will embrace KSDK’s standard of producing, writing and editing for our Commercial clients. This position helps conceptualize, produce, shoot, edit and write everything from commercial campaigns, sponsorships, event promotion, public service campaigns, programming advertisements for digital social videos, digital social posts, PSA’s, and any other visual needs determined by the Client Services Director
· Create a wide variety of highly-stylized imagery and video/moving pictures of client based assets determined by Client Services Director:
o Videography skill set with DSLR acquisition equipment;
o Writing/producing skill sets;
o Non-linear editing skill sets – EDIUS experience preferred, PREMIERE accepted;
o Photoshop and After Effects skill sets preferred;
Conceive, write, light, shoot, produce, and edit and coordinate all video and audio materials necessary for production of commercials and sales projects.
Work with leadership to identify the most effective style and tone for commercials.
Identify opportunities to target specific viewers in the production of commercials.
Direct talent and operate camera on live remote commercial shoots.
Produce various links of any spots for use on all digital platforms including social media.
Assist sales team in creating sales videos for client presentations.
Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Digital/Social Media or related field
· Minimum 2 years of experience in digital and/or advertising messaging across various platforms
· Shooting and production skills, DSLR skills preferred
· Use of Photoshop and After Effects, preferred
· Desktop video editing, EDIUS preferred – Premiere acceptable
· Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
· Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
Willingness to learn; a coachable disposition