The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the traffic is scheduled in the appropriate time slot and that the engineering department and directors have the information they need to execute daily station log.
• Responsible for maximizing billing opportunities by evaluating sold and scheduled inventory and adjusting commercial placement manually on a daily basis.
• Check orders for incorrect inventory codes, break codes, etc.
• Process orders
• Handle clearing orders and working displaced spots for multiple stations.
• Assist with scheduling programming as needed.
• Vacation relief for specialist positions as well as station's log editor.
• Liaison between sales and master control. Work with directors in scheduling production.
• Work on Enterprise/Encoda system in entering information necessary for commercial matter on logs.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by the Hub Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Previous experience with Wide Orbit highly preferred.
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
• Must be adaptable and flexible with ability to shift focus on new priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be team oriented and have had past successful experience working in a team environment.
• Must have good organizational and time management skills.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you'll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don't brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" you'll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station's commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including "THE LIST" and "The Now," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation's largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC 15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER