ABC15 in Phoenix is looking for an Anchor/Reporter with excellent on-air delivery and strong communication skills who can create and present news content for multiple platforms. Join our team in one of the most livable locations in the U.S. We are looking for a creative, engaging, enterprising Anchor who likes to tell great stories. The right candidate is an expert enterprise journalist who will help break stories on a daily basis and attract new viewers to station platforms.
The successful candidate will anchor newscasts and connect with viewers on camera, gather and report news for multiple platforms, including posting stories on the internet and presenting news content on air and perform various community service activities for the station.
Education: BS/BA in journalism or related discipline
• Generally 5+ years experience in a tv newsroom.
• Must be an excellent communicator and storyteller.
• Must be creative, have good people skills and be able to handle deadline pressure.
• Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends and evenings.
• Travel required.
• Knowledge of iNews computer system preferred.
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems or similar equipment.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites.
• Lift up to 50 pounds sitting, walking and standing.
• May require overnight travel.
License: Valid driver's license with good driving record.
If you have a link to your recent work, please cut and paste your link into your profile.
The Perks at ABC15
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you'll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don't brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" you'll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station's commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC 15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER