ABC15 in Phoenix, Arizona is looking for a Studio Technician I to join the team. Qualified candidate will be able to operate studio television cameras during live and taped productions, act as floor director and teleprompter operator during live and taped productions and assist in studio maintenance (cleaning, organization), etc. Must be able to assist as production grip on live and taped productions and be able to navigate the Internet (web) and post video and text to ABC15 website.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Two-year or four-year college degree preferred.
Experience: Previous television station experience necessary. Live newscast production a plus. Non-linear editing experience required. Final Cut Pro experience a plus.
Equipment: Working knowledge of television station production operaton equipment. Working knowledge of studio cameras, teleprompters and lighting.
Skills: Must be reliable, possess a willingness to learn and be able to work a flexible schedule. Absolute dependability a requirement. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The Perks at ABC15
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you'll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don't brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" you'll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station's commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including "THE LIST" and "The Now," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation's largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
TELEVISION STATION KNXV ABC 15 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER