WJRT-TV, ABC12, seeking a talented and highly motivated News Reporter in Flint/Saginaw/Bay City Market.
Learn the ropes from an experienced, award-winning news team, and your material will air in the market’s top-rated newscasts.
The successful candidate should be an excellent storyteller who possesses strong writing skills, solid news judgment, and is able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
We are seeking someone who will build sources in the community, and has an eye and ear for compelling video and sound.
A Reporter that can delve into investigative stories and ask critical key questions that our viewers want to know.
Familiarity with operating TVU and Dejero live equipment a plus. Have demonstrated ability to work individually or as part of a team to produce compelling packages on deadline.
• Ability to shoot and edit video with knowledge of electronic news gathering & non-linear editing
• Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or a similar degree
• Highly developed public speaking and interpersonal skills
• Essential 3 years professional experience
• Extensive experience in commercial TV news
• Professional, consistent on-air appearance
• Advanced ability in critical thinking
• Understands social media and the importance of engaging viewers
• Quick and effective decision-making skills
• Comfortable with live ad-libbing
• Ability to perform under various degrees of pressure and ability to switch gear quickly
This shift is currently for Morning Reporter. The hours, shifts, responsibilities are flexible and are subject to change at the News Directors discretion.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing. Must have a reliable source of transportation and be flexible on hours.
This is a full time position offering competitive salaries with a competitive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision plans as well as a 401k plan.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.