WKBN/WYFX/WYTV in Youngstown, Ohio has an immediate opening for an energetic news junkie to be our next Morning Executive Producer, overseeing 2 simultaneous and competitive live newscasts on two network affiliates. This position will require the ability to line produce newscasts.
We’re looking for someone who knows how to set the morning agenda, win with weather, breaking news and consistent coverage of major local news. Previous management experience is an advantage, and this position requires at least 2 years’ experience in a commercial newsroom. At least a year of that experience should include producing.
Our Executive Producers realize their competition isn't just a few clicks down the remote, but it comes in many forms: smartphones, DVRs, streaming video and social media. To land this job, you should format newscasts as "nowcasts" with a sense of pacing and energy. You should also embrace digital platforms as a way to tell the stories in your newscast, and think about the web in building your storytelling instead of an afterthought.
Our managers help coach the largest team of journalists in the DMA, covering big city news in a small market, with the tools to own that coverage.
You’ll also get to live in a community with great food, great people and Ohio’s largest metropolitan park. If you like to get outdoors after work, check out Mill Creek Metroparks. Youngstown is also midway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. You can be at a Browns or Steelers game in an hour.
If you believe in being first with breaking news, active voice writing, finding a new way to tell every story and like to be on the team with a winning strategy, submit your resume including a link to your work at www.WKBN.com.
JOB SUMMARY: The executive producer supervises news content across all media platforms and line produces at least one hour of a live newscast.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for overseeing writing, production, and timing of broadcast.
* Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
* Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives.
* Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
* Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices.
* Responsible for successful marketing of projects and adherence to budget.
* Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
* Detail oriented.
* Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
* Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent. At least 5 years experience in television or radio broadcast/production.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********