WTVF Media Content Producer
WTVF-TV, News Channel 5, the Scripps CBS station in Nashville, Tennessee is searching for a Media Content Producer to help an award winning team of journalists provcide the best coverage in the region.
The Media Content Producer is a strong journalist who will help manage news assignments and coverage across all platforms. This position is expected to facilitate winning coverage through coordinating logistics, monitoring scanners, wires, and social media. We are looking for a digitally focused person who can manage field crews, work with digital and on-air producers to create outstanding content.
• Plan news coverage as directed by news management.
• Work with staff to plan, structure, report and write news and information for web sites and other social media platforms.
• Dispatch crews to stories and breaking news, using appropriate logistical and journalistic judgement.
• Make calls to news sources as needed, gaining appropriate and actionable information.
• Find stories, conduct research and track story ideas with emphasis on key brand points.
• Work with other departments as needed to promote our brand.
• Perform other duties as needed and as directed by news management.
• Keep news managers and producers informed on progress of new stories.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Bachelor's degree in communications or in a related field.
• Prefer prior experience as assignment editor, digital producer, or other related experience.
Skills & Abilities
• Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office, non-linear, and production techniques.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work independently.
• Understanding of the principles of responsible journalism.
• Ability to work well with others in a team-based environment.
• Ability to write effectively.
Internal candidates please apply through WorkLife. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.