Responsible for on-air operation of the Ignite automated control room system to produce the stations newscasts and productions with a minimal amount of errors. This person reports to the Production Manager.
• This person would be assigned to control room productions both live and recorded.
• Works with directors and producers for pre-production, studio shot planning, graphics integration and Ignite IQT/TME building.
• Technical knowledge of backup control room systems and critical production signal flow.
• Knowledge of studio systems including robotic camera operation and "aux" signal flow for monitor feeds.
• Assist with any studio setups including but not limited to lighting.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelors in related discipline preferred.
• Currently or recently performing duties as a technical director of automated live programming, preferably at least 3 years prior experience.
Skills & Abilities
• Must have the ability to work on fast-paced rapidly changing productions for extended periods.
• Working knowledge of state-of-the-art video switchers and effects.
• Familiar with routers, video servers, audio consoles, robotic studio cameras, graphics systems and studio production equipment.
• Strong computer skills.
• Effective communication and people skills.
• Constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors.
• Ability to multitask using computer keyboards and equipment control panels.
• Flexible work hours required. Including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
Internal candidates please apply through WorkLife. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.