If you have a goal to become a key player for one of the strongest sales teams in the country, please consider this opportunity. The NewsChannel 5 Network in Nashville is searching for an outstanding candidate for the position of Traffic Coordinator. This is a support position for the sales staff on our Traffic team and requires excellent people skills, initiative and problem solving capabilities. Must have excellent organizational and computer skills. The position requires the highest ethical conduct and attention to detail. Previous experience needed in a Traffic or Sales Assistant position. Main duties: In collaboration with account executives, sales management, clients and agencies this position is responsible for scheduling commercial copy for local advertisers, as well as serving as a back up to National Traffic, Sales Coordinators, and assisting log editor at Traffic Hub.
• Input sales orders with accuracy, including verifying rates, time periods, priority levels, and availability.
• Provide timely and accurate results of assignments.
• Utilize and stay up to date on software required for this postion
• Ability to pull data and create reports for use by Sales Management.
• Provide excellent service, information, and communication to internal and external customers for airing accurate client copy
• Serve as a member of the switchboard relief team.
• Ability to speak to clients and viewers on the phone in a professional manner
• Provide backup assistance to other Traffic and sales coordinators as needed
• Communication with Master Control Hub as needed
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and manage time
• Participate in software training as needed
• Work with Log editor and Traffic Hub Director on Logs as needed
• Provide training for AE's on copy paperwork, including training new AEs
• Willingness to take laptop home each day for emergency purposes
• Backup for competitive spending reports and exact times for sales team
• Serve as backup for local sales and national sales coordinator on copy and order input as needed
• Occasionally participate in sales meetings
• All other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Proven track record of initiative and problem solving capabilities.
• Solid interpersonal skills needed to interface with internal & external customers.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Must possess great attention to detail and perform accurate results
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and perform duties under pressure to meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills including knowledge of software applications (Wide Orbit; commercial distribution sites, etc.)
• Accurate typing skills required.
• Ability to exhibit the highest character and ethical conduct in carrying out assigned duties.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Must be Proactive with a strong work ethic
• Willingness to receive constructive feedback for job performance
• Must have previous experience in Local Broadcast Television Sales Assistant or Traffic.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Experience with Wide Orbit broadcast system
• Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
• Adaptable and flexible with ability to shift focus in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Team oriented and experienced in working in a team environment.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Strict attention to detail.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• May require limited overtime to cover vacations and holidays.
• Standard office environment.
Note: This job analysis describes the nature of this position, but is not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Internal candidates please apply through WorkLife. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.