44News, (WEVV, the FOX/CBS affiliate in Evansville, IN) has an immediate opening for a News Director to lead the news department. We are looking for someone with outstanding leadership skills who thrives on teaching, coaching and developing a strong and positive newsroom environment.
The News Director will oversee a department that generates 41 hours per week of on-air content in the Evansville marketís CBS and FOX stations with a focus on family and the community. Evansville is a great place to live and work. We are looking for someone to oversee a department that produces professional and engaging content that reflects that culture in a way that appeals to our own families and communities. The News Director will perform the following duties:
- Recruit, interview and hire MMJs and production staff
- Institute training systems for new employees
- Foster a positive, motivational and professional atmosphere throughout the department
- Make decisions on stories, duties and scheduling of departmental employees
- Establish general duties and schedules for all news department employees
- Exercise editorial and production control of newscast content
- Establish and enforce rules and procedures within the department
- Perform any and all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required that contribute to the achievement of departmental and station goals
Education and Experience: College degree is required. Major in journalism, broadcasting, communications, or another related field is preferred. Minimum 4 years experience in TV news with at least two years in a Producer or other leadership role.
Equal Opportunity Employer