• Primary Purpose
The Editor II integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories as well as completing daily editing projects for multiple platforms.
• Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as needed
• Work with producers, multi-media journalists and photojournalists to ensure a high quality product consistent with station's brand
• Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to video camera and video editing equipment
• Maintain video archive filing system
• Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to the television station Web site
• Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Reacts to breaking news on an immediate basis.
• Gathers story related materials (sound and video) on a timely basis.
• Coordinates remote and studio events, creating synergy between remote and studio productions.
• Collaborates with affiliates on breaking news stories, sharing of information.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Associate's degree in journalism or related field
• 3+ years experience in related field preferred.
Skills & Abilities
• Proficiency in non-linear, editing, including AVID Media Composer.
Internal candidates please apply through WorkLife. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.