News - Digital Executive Executive - WCJB Information
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WCJB TV20 ABC Affiliate - #1 rated legacy broadcast TV station located in beautiful North Central Florida (the Gainesville market) has a proud heritage and an energetic newsroom. WCJB TV20 is the market leader, with viewers relying on us for news, weather, and sports coverage from Your Local Station. Along with the market's strongest news ratings, and ever-expanding digital platforms, we deliver results for our advertisers. Gainesville is a sports town, and we cover our local high school sports teams with the same fervor we bring to our constant coverage of Florida Gator sports.
Although best known as the home of the University of Florida, Gainesville is also a medical hub with nationally recognized institutions including UF Health/Shands Hospital and North Florida Regional Medical Center. Corporations specializing in medical innovations such as Priora Robotics and Exactech have also made Gainesville their home. And with a large college student population, multiple tech businesses have sprung up, leading to the development of the Innovation Hub and the Cade Center.
Local entertainment and the arts play a major role throughout North Central Florida with seasonal events year round. The National Hot Rod Association’s Gatornationals kicks off drag racing season in March. With national championships in multiple sports, there are plenty of Florida Gator events to follow throughout the school year.
The scenic North Central Florida landscape includes rivers, lakes, and bubbling springs along with an abundance of pristine woodlands, rolling hills, and nature parks. Clean water, clear air, eco-friendly environment and safe, local communities make Gainesville and Alachua County one of the best places to live in America.
The Digital Account Executive is responsible for driving our digital business in North Central Florida. There is heavy emphasis on driving new business and we have the best collection of digital products in the area! We offer fantastic benefits as we are part of the Gray Television family of stations. This position does have a list of accounts from which to build. Gray provides a comprehensive training program for this position. Join this fun and dynamic sales team today! We offer excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401K match, bonus plan, gas allowance, and more!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Make face to face outside sales visits
• Generate sales leads and close new business
• Strong business development focus with a willingness to develop opportunities from prospect level through deal close
• Identify and sell opportunities for digital campaigns, including search marketing (SEO/SEM), targeted display/video, YouTube, social media, OTT, email marketing, and more
• Continue to enhance our position as a trusted and preferred digital provider by providing assistance to Account Executives in research and client presentations
• Interpret custom performance reporting and analysis to support the client renewal process
• Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, promotions and service
• Be hands on in clients’ successes, campaign optimization, and be eager to share and explain campaign results and improvements in person on a consistent basis
• Stay up to date with industry developments
• Other duties as assigned
• Sales experience of some type is preferred
• Proven track record of building customer relationships
• An understanding and passion for the ever-changing digital world
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Hard working relationship builder with a winning attitude
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening