Prod. - Director/Technical Media Producer -
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Imagine working in a place where most people travel to for vacation. That’s what you’ll find at WJHG-TV/NBC and WECP-TV/CBS Affiliate in Panama City Beach, Florida! The area is home to a booming tourism industry, local military bases, and a rapidly growing local economy. WJHG/WECP prides itself on being a news leader while serving the local community, with a strong presence at local events. Our mission is to cover news that digs deeper and holds true to solid journalistic ethics and to offer businesses the best options to market their products and services including a full service digital marketing department. Our award-winning team is all about leadership and growth. Join our fast-paced team and enjoy a laid back lifestyle in beautiful Panama City Beach.
For more information please watch the video at the link below:
WJHG/WECP Northwest Florida’s leading news stations seek a Director/Technical Media Producer in Panama City Beach, Florida. This individual must be hard-working, self-motivated and creative. The candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays. Must have some television experience at least at the Production Assistant level; would prefer Directing and/or Master Control experience. Basic working knowledge of PC’s is necessary. This position involves serving as the TMP during newscasts as well as ingesting programming, commercials, etc. for the station’s four channels.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as a Technical Media Producer for live and pre-recorded productions
• This is a full time position for an individual who works efficiently with little supervision
• Must be able to work effectively under pressure
• Must have excellent communication skills and get along well with co-workers
• Work with Avid I-News computer system
• Understanding of all equipment in studio and production areas
• Work closely with other departments to meet all daily demands
• Training of new personnel as assigned
• Require skill with Ross Overdrive, Ross Vision Switcher, Ross Carbonite Switcher, Ross Cambotics and all supporting equipment in the Media Control Center and Ingest Area
• Helpful but not necessary to have worked at least 2 years in Television/IT industry
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
• Must be available to work a minimum schedule of 40 hours per week