Exec Admin Assistant II
This position performs advanced, diversified and confidential secretarial and administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices. Supports the work of a Vice President.
• Prepares complex business presentation documents and spreadsheets.
• Assists in special projects, performing research and maintaining records.
• Composes correspondence, based on the general knowledge of the manager's view, about administrative matters and general office policies for manager's approval.
• Initiates routine and non-routine correspondence and memoranda.
• Answers and screens the phone, providing information for both routine and complex inquiries.
• Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, coordinates related arrangements, and arranges for meeting rooms.
• Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the manager for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
• Prepares and distributes minutes to meetings.
• Establishes and maintains a variety of files and records.
• May be required to take and transcribe dictation and to take shorthand.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Associates degree or equivalent years of experience preferred
• 2-5 years of administrative experience required
Skills & Abilities
• Proficiency with various software programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for Windows.
• Advanced knowledge of general office practice and business etiquette.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and to work under tight deadlines while providing consistent and professional service.
• Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
• Above average knowledge of business correspondence composition.
• Accurate and efficient typing skills.
• Possess advanced interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to maintain good working relationships with all co-workers and outside clients.
• Possess above average organizational skills including attention to detail and follow through.
• Maintain complete confidentiality, possess a professional demeanor, and exercise discretion at all times.
• Be able to work overtime as needed, often with little notice.
Internal candidates please apply through WorkLife. External candidates apply at www.scripps.com/careers.
The E. W. Scripps Company is an equal opportunity employer.