All candidates must apply online at https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=ocFL9fwv&s=EMMYOnline
People come to WRAL-TV and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally-owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. WRAL-TV is based out of Raleigh, NC, ranked as one of the best places to live and work according to U.S. News & World Report.
Person needed to direct/technical direct multi-camera, fast-paced, graphic intense, live newscasts for the number one station in the Raleigh-Durham market. Must be flexible, motivated, resourceful, and a team player. Knowledge of HD production switchers and non-linear equipment a plus. This Hybrid position also reflects experience in other production areas and is designed to offer flexibility in production staffing. Individual would also direct and produce special projects when needed.
· Operate robotic studio cameras during live news production.
· Direct Anchors and/or Reporters during live news production. Monitor commercial break times for consistent studio operation.
· Control and maintain studio lighting platforms
· Familiarization with professional audio consoles, outboard gear and processing, microphone usage, communications equipment and set up of equipment for live, recorded and meeting productions. Experience with preparation and mixing of live and post-produced projects highly recommended.
· Work to develop and implement new technology for Live news coverage.
3 years production experienced required with directing aptitude and hands on experience with familiar switcher platforms. This position dictates the availability to work weekends as a standard requirement of this posting. College degree also preferred.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality and Bull Durham Beer Co., and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC; and Professional Builders Supply (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.