WKBN-TV in Youngstown, Ohio is looking for a part-time production assistant.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to work in a multi-tasking environment with a willingness to "get the job done". Must have the ability to work closely with digital editorial team.
• News media experience showing a refined news judgment; strong skills in digital content production, including experience with a web CMS, video and other multimedia production methods; plus understanding of social media and its relationship with content and news analytics; solid editing and writing skills.
• Experience with Wordpress a plus.
• Strong self-editing skills.
• Photoshop experience a plus.
• Flexible hours, including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
JOB SUMMARY: Operate various equipment (audio, visual, graphics, lighting, digital) used for media production and/or transmission.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in digital media productions, liaising with appropriate departments.
• Collaborate with the director and studio staff to coordinate the action in the studio.
• Operate studio graphic systems during broadcast/production.
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers and production staff.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production and digital department.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma. Experience in television, film, or post production preferred but not required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********