WMBF News is looking for an experienced full-time news producer to join our energetic and competitive news team. The ideal candidate will be a creative, detail-oriented news junkie with experience producing fast-paced, hard-hitting newscasts and a knack for social media content creation. Solid news judgment, excellent broadcast writing skills, an interest in emerging digital media platforms and the ability to perform well under pressure are all necessary to thrive in this position. Candidates with previous news producing experience, please apply online and attach resume, references and a link to recent work.
- Strong writing skills for multiple platforms on tight deadlines
- Ability to develop, organize, and showcase a newscast
- Knowledge of and interest in current events, local news, politics, etc.
- Ability to edit video for newscast, web, and social media
- Creativity in content creation for all digital platforms
- Strong editorial news judgment with solid journalistic ethics
- Team player who is graceful under pressure
- Understanding of local television market
- Competitive spirit with big-picture, out of the box thinking
Previous experience preferred; commiserate education considered. WMBF News lives its “Live, Local, Late Breaking” brand, and the right person should embrace that hard-charging mentality. Qualified candidates, please apply online https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume, references and links to your recent work.