This position will help design the broadcast operation of the future, while overseeing all day-to-day and long-term engineering and technical management operations including towers, RF transmitters, on-air studio operations, automation systems, and all other related broadcast operating systems.
• Develops, maintains, administers and owns engineering departmental operations budget and capital budgets for studio and transmitter locations.
• Identifies, analyzes and trouble shoots problems or issues related to engineering, including studio and transmitter problems in a timely and effective manner.
• Works with and provides direction to engineering employees and others on solutions.
• Provides hands on support as needed.
• Consults and collaborates with General Managers and station management on long-term and short-term engineering objectives, goals and action plans.
• Executes engineering objectives, goals and action plans and is held accountable for results.
• Studies and plans for future station engineering needs including purchases and growth.
• Communicates how objectives, goals and action plans affect the stations.
• Leads Engineering staff.
• Develops strong department through applicable training, evaluation, and daily contact with employees. Establishes, consults and communicates departmental, station and Corp policies, procedures and guidance as needed.
• Knowledgeable of and applies as needed all current FCC rules and regulations. Ensures that all stations are compliant with FCC rules and regulations at all times.
• Brings forward-thinking solutions to workflow design, with strong knowledge of today's IT-based systems and processes
• An associate or bachelor degree, or equivalent experience and/or certification, in broadcast electronics, telecommunications, IT or related field is required.
• 3-5 years broadcasting or IT experience.
• Thorough knowledge of current FCC rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
• Compelling detail orientation with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving, following up until issues are resolved.
• Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Ability to function in a team environment yet be able to work as an individual contributor.
• Work well under pressure.
• Available to work with short notice including early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
• Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
• Must have valid driver's license and good driving record as determined by company policy. Motor Vehicle Record will be checked.
We are an equal opportunity employer.