ASSISTANT CHIEF ENGINEER
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for the on-air performance of broadcast operations including all video, audio and associated equipment adhering to policies and procedures established by the Dir, Engineering and other management.
• Back up the Dir, Engineering in managing the installation and repair of all television, mobile and internet systems and equipment.
• Monitor and enforce procedures, regulations, and policies as set by management. Assist in establishing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Assist in managing the scheduling of personnel; and plan, design and document on-going and future television and online systems.
• Work with Dir, Engineering in the determination of current and future studio needs; in the tracking of repair and maintenance budgets; in the evaluation of equipment prior to purchase.
• Communicate professionally with individuals and groups within and outside of the station. Communicate on a frequent basis with all other departments.
• Maintain good employee and labor relations. Coordinate staff training to meet the on-going and future technological needs of the station.
• Perform other duties as needed and as directed by the Dir, Engineering.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• An Associates degree in electrical or electronics engineering from an accredited institution is preferred.
• 3 years of experience in television engineering and operations
Skills & Abilities
• Must have an understanding of electronic, electrical, mechanical and information systems.
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Must be able to function during demanding and stressful periods and be time flexible
• Must have a keen interest in emerging broadcast-related technologies and how they might be utilized in our business environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.