The Maintenance Engineer II works under the direction of the Director of Engineering to provide preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio, IT and HD equipment and radio frequency (RF) systems including high power UHF transmitters and microwave. Heavy emphasis on News gathering equipment including camcorders, VTR's wireless gear, live trucks and monitors.
• Perform preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio and radio frequency (RF) systems. Emphasis on News equipment including camcorders, VTRs, wireless gear and monitors.
• Install video, audio, IT, HD and RF equipment. Update technical plan documentation when installations are completed to include changes that are made.
• Administer computer based audio/video/control systems and may be required to configure software applications
• Document and maintain records of equipment repairs.
• Research part numbers and pricing to determine where to purchase and the cost of repairs
• Perform IT operations, assistance and installations as needed. May run cables and connectors
• Participate in the weekly on-call engineer schedule. This is an after hours duty that may be assistance by phone or require a return trip to the facility. This will also include the analog/digital transmitters and translators as part of the responsibility.
• Perform live truck repairs in confined spaces and on top of vehicle with the use of mobile work platform.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a two-year electronic technical degree or equivalent. Four year degree preferred.
• Must have three to five years of Broadcast TV maintenance and two years News equipment maintenance and IT Mac and PC or equivalent.
Skills & Abilities
• Familiarity with various test instruments, alignment apparatuses and knowledge of personal computers.
• Operational knowledge of television station equipment.
• Must be self-motivated and have good time management skills.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to effectively identify basic problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them.
• Must have ability to comprehend schematics, mechanical drawings and technical manuals.
• Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.