NEWS ASSIGNMENT DESK INTERN
Gain industry and organizational knowledge through daily job assignments.
As a news intern you will experience how local news is gathered, covered and shaped into a newscast as well as distributed across digital platforms. You will make beat calls, answer phones, communicate with crews in the field, funnel breaking news to the digital team and follow up on story ideas. Your self-confidence and knowledge of the Cleveland/Akron community will serve you well.
• Gain exposure to the industry
• Perform assigned duties as relating to the internship
• Develop skills based on the area supporting
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience/Certifications
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Internships are intended to be positions that are for a limited duration
Skills & Abilities
• Strong desire to learn more about the industry
• Ability to work with a team
• Ability to follow directions
• Normal work environment
• May need to lift 75 pounds