WGCL-TV, a Meredith Corporation station, is in search of a highly-qualified, motivated candidate for its Part-time Video Editor opening. This role edits video for regularly scheduled newscasts and special projects which in addition to broadcast air, may be used on a variety of media platforms.
Essential Job Functions
80%-Edits video content.
20%-Perform related job duties including archiving and back-up content.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Completion of high school, or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years editing experience in a local news environment. Previous editing experience in a production house environment will substitute for one year of news editing experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of current state-of-the-art editing equipment.
• Experience on Sony Beta Decks, DVC Pro Laptop and Avid.
• Working knowledge of analog and digital editing.
• Experience with Avid Newscutter preferred.
• Shooting experience preferred.
• Good attention to detail.
% Travel Required (Approximate): None