Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: IT Specialist/Maintenance Technician- 003044
Primary Industry: Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Manage Others: No
WGRZ, the NBC affiliate in Buffalo, NY, is looking for an IT Specialist/Maintenance Technician to join our team. This position is responsible for integration, maintenance, operation, and support of broadcast and business information technology systems and reports to the Director of Technology.
The successful candidate will:
• Support day to day operations of broadcast information technology systems, software, and equipment.
• Maintain, upgrade, and support broadcast Information Technology throughout the station including the studio and transmitter facilities.
• Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security and virus protection. Advanced TCP/IP and networking knowledge preferred and CISCO switches & I0S.
• Support telecommunications systems including business telephone switches, PRI, VOIP, carrier Ethernet, and other telecommunications technology.
• Have experience with or knowledge of Windows 2008-2012 Server, and Active Directory in a complex LAN and WAN computing environment. Support network security, network rights, naming standards, login scripts, and software upgrades.
• Create and maintain wiring documentation, and system configuration documentation.
• Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production and workstation products.
• Willing to train on IT and Broadcast system operation and maintenance to service all aspects of the television environment.
• Available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
• Other duties as directed.
• The successful candidate must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, and be a self-starter and a team player that is focused on quality customer service for internal customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 9/9/2019
Closing Date: 12/31/2019
City: Buffalo, NY - 14202
State: New York
Experience: 1 Year(s)
To be considered a candidate for an opening at WGRZ – you must complete the online application for this position found on the jobs tab at: www.wgrz.com/about. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that does not come thru the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.