Position: Sales Assistant
Company: E. W. Scripps Company
Job Type: fulltime
Compensation: / year
The Digital Strategist (DS) will have responsibility to drive revenue growth by providing expert product knowledge, creating custom campaign presentations, and providing sales expertise and campaign strategy/guidance to a team of Account Executives and their respective clients. This is a market-based, client-facing role working under the guidance of the Director of Sales.
* Provide guidance, participate in product training for designated products which include but are not limited to: Display/Video/Social, Targeted Network Display/Pre-roll, Facebook, AdWords, SEO, OTT/CTV solutions, email, and contesting.
* Make 4 legged sales calls to consistently achieve digital market revenue goals by increasing digital campaigns with new and existing clients.
*Provide campaign guidance to Account Executives; develop strategy, help create presentations, establish KPIs, provide pacing, assist in the close of the sale, provide optimization and upsell recommendations.
*Conduct one-on-one meetings with account executives to review pacing, spending, etc..
* Knowledge of competitive landscape and monitors market trends and industries to identify new opportunities.
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Skills & Abilities
* Full understanding of entire digital portfolio of products
* Successfully sell designated digital products
* Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs assessment
* Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to develop campaigns, communicate effectiveness and make recommendations that result in effective advertiser solutions
* The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics to develop creative sales solutions
* Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and deliver internal and/or client-facing presentations
* Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
* Must have the ability to calculate figures related to advertising rates, discounts, packages, ad sizes, commissions and mileage.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Google Sheets/Docs/Slides and other programs such as customer relations software (WideOrbit, AdBook)
* Must have good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
medical, dental, optical, life insurance, STD, LTD, 4011k, paid time off
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
* Three (3) to five (5) years sales experience, closing business and managing clients.
* Prefer experience in a sales leadership, advisory, or supervisory capacity.
* Experience in creating and successfully executing multi-faceted digital campaigns.
* Working knowledge of Google Analytics, AdWords, DFP, Facebook Audience Insights.
* Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking.
* Demonstrated record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment
* Must have proven prospecting and closing capabilities.
Date Available: 09/11/2019