WGCL-TV, a Meredith Corporation station is in search of a highly-qualified, motivated Producer to create, coordinate and execute newscasts. This position writes scripts for broadcast, digital content platforms, participates in daily editorial meetings and presents story ideas. The Producer develops the day-to-day on-air look of the newscast to attract the largest available audience to the station’s profitable newscasts. In addition, this position plays a key role in creating the show’s vision based on goals set by news management.
Essential Job Functions:
20%-Content creation – coordinates story development w/reporter and desk.
20%-Show production – creates production elements, show/story flow.
20%-Writing – writes minipaks, intros, VOs and co/sots.
20%-Booth producing – coordinates live elements with crew and news team.
20%-Story review/production – oversees script review, reporter storytelling and direction
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications: All must be met to be considered.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Experience: Minimum four years of experience producing news for a television or cable station Experience with Avid, Internet production tools, and MS office strongly preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively communicate with reporters, photographers, assignment editors and production staff to create an aggressive, fast-paced newscast.
• Must be a self-starter with ability to follow through on projects until completion.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to make quick decisions without losing composure.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Newscast producing, show writing, i-news experience preferred
• In depth understanding of the news business.