Do you want to work for an industry leader in digital media? Are you passionate about creating unique client solutions through digital media? WKBN/WYTV/WYFX/MyYTV is looking for innovative, creative, talented, and customer-oriented sales professionals with knowledge of digital media. We are looking for a business development professional to grow and maintain our digital media revenue. If you have this background, we want to talk to you. WKBN offers the best product mix in digital advertising in the area with award winning products and leading local websites, WKBN.com, WYTV.com, MyValleyTributes.com, MyValleyDeals.com and MyValleyDining.com. Assist in the growth of our additional digital products such as video and display advertising, search engine optimization and marketing, OTT and more.JOB SUMMARY: Energetic and creative applicant with the ability to think outside the box and engage our audience using television, digital and social media.
The Digital Account Executive must demonstrate a passion for digital advertising and possess a creative and dedicated approach to uncovering new digital media opportunities with local clients. The Digital Account Executive (DAE) will report to the station Digital Sales Director and will be responsible for aggressively pursuing digital media advertising sales to local businesses. The DAE will sell our local suite of digital products including but not limited to wkbn.com, wytv.com, myvalleytributes.com, myvalleydeals.com, and myvalleydining.com. The DAE will also work directly with our Internet Digital Specialist on account management of other digital accounts.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Generate new leads by making cold calls, calling on inactive accounts, prospecting new business opportunities while maintaining strong relationships with existing accounts.
* Identify and understand the clients' advertising needs and develop ideal marketing solutions.
* Create and deliver customized sales presentations in person, via phone and/or via webinars.
* Drive sales growth within assigned territory.
* Meet or exceed sales goals by utilizing creative resources to achieve results.
* Provide creative and innovative solutions for customers utilizing industry trends, selling techniques and digital product knowledge.
* Understand competitors; continue education and awareness of digital media trends.
* Ability to obtain customers by cold calling, networking, prospecting, and successful negotiations.
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems, while collaborating with teammates, utilizing all resources available.
* Strong oral, problem solving, communications, writing, negotiation and presentation skills.
* Must be well organized, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy and show attention to detail.
* Must be a confident, flexible, multi-tasker, and be able to work independently.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree preferred. 1+ years of Digital or Media Sales experience preferred and demonstrate sales methodologies.
Training/Equipment: Comprehensive working knowledge of digital media, internet properties, inventory, and sales tools.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Must be able to juggle multiple tasks from multiple sources at one time and will work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced office environment. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
********* EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********