Nashville Public Television seeks a Community Engagement Manager to manage and implement NPT’s community engagement initiatives, program-based education projects, and K-12 project activities.
• Develops and implements NPT’s community engagement initiatives and related community involvement, including screenings and leading community engagement discussions around current NPT projects. Organizes community conversations related to development of new content for digital and broadcast.
• Researches, writes proposals and secures dedicated grant funding to support community engagement and education initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree. B.A. preferably in Education and five years of related work experience including direct community engagement. Ability to lead, motivate, and communicate effectively. Computer literate. Television production experience a plus. Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
• Manages and implements NPT’s community educational initiatives such as family literacy workshops and training for other groups including parents and childcare professionals.
• Manages and develops curriculum for NPT content on PBS Learning Media.
• Creates and manages departmental budgets and monitors regularly.