Meredith Corporation is searching for an experienced Research Director for its hub in Phoenix. This position will provide research for both our Phoenix and Kansas City duopolies or other markets/stations as assigned. The Research Director is responsible for providing Sales management and Account Executives with detailed research information from NSI, Scarborough, NLTV, Rhiza and Kantar that can be used by sales staff to increase revenue for the assigned station(s). This position also provides the General Manager, News and Promotion management with valuable research insight.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field, or equivalent training and/or experience
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience in a broadcast television station or cable operator Research department is required. Previous experience with WideOrbit Sales is preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficiency in Nielsen methodology & reports
- Proficiency in Nielsen NLTV, Nielsen Arianna, Scarborough Primelingo, Kantar (Direct Heat / Market Advisor) and Nielsen Rhiza, Wide Orbit Media Sales toolsets
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments independently
- Must be adaptable and flexible with the ability to shift focus on new priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with managers and executives across the organization
- Ability to interpret and present data in manner that supports sales efforts
- Must be team oriented
- Excellent management skills and effective problem-solving capabilities
- Must have good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential customer and company data
- Minimum travel required.