We are looking for a weekend morning anchor and weekday reporter. The anchor candidate should thrive in breaking news situations and urgent/active delivery. This candidate must be able to shoot, edit and write solo, while still working in the collaborative environment of the newsroom. CMS experience and a strong knowledge of social media is required. The ideal candidate must be involved in community events at the station's directive.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write news stories under deadline
- Present news in urgent & active manner
- Shoot, edit & write as MMJ
- Produce content for mysuncoast.com
- Follow strategic plan for newsroom
- Assist with producing newscasts
- Pitch story ideas in line with mission of newsroom
- Must have excellent people skills to deal with wide range of staff members and experience levels
College degree. 2 years reporting, 1 year of anchoring required.
MVR check and pre-employment drug screen.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings