The Assistant Traffic Manager is responsible for overall assurance of all Traffic responsibilities including but not limited to order approval, overseeing copy coordinator and back-up to Director of Traffic.
• Manage the daily logs for WGN-TV and WGN-WEB logs, which includes adding program information, timings, checking conflicts, working with Sales on clearance of commercials and handling the flow of commercial materials into all systems (FTP, Creative Files, Extreme Reach, and Rhozet).
• Traffic Manger will need to be available after-hours as a contact along with Director of Traffic for timely decisions within a 24-hour day. Assist with training and working with Sales and Creative Services on non-spot elements, billboards, snipes, closed captioning, and tickers for all channels.
• Assist with training and working with Sales and Creative Services on non-spot elements, billboards, snipes, closed captioning, and tickers for all channels.
• Work with Program group on formats, specials and coding.
• Enter show information in timely manner for Program Operations to receive into Brutus on weekly basis
• Time, massage and check all shows and breaks before printing and releasing to Brutus/Air Control.
• Main contact for Sales and Creative Services regarding billboards, tickers, closed-captioning, and local special productions.
• Main contact for managing materials of all channels, purge list, number ranges, and maintaining house ID library.
• Help find ways to streamline procedures and find best practices for Traffic, Sales and Engineering workflow.
• Assist with screening of commercials for clearance in accordance with station policies and FCC regulations.
• High School diploma (college preferred) or equivalent related experience
• Experience with the Wide Orbit system
• Minimum two years of experience in TV, radio or agency Traffic departments
• Preferred experience in managing a department or team
Nexstar Media Group is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Nexstar owns, operates, programs or provides sales and other services to 197 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 115 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). Nexstar’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. Nexstar’s community portal websites offer additional hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content while creating new revenue opportunities. Nexstar also owns WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information please visit www.nexstar.tv.
Nexstar Media Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.