The position of Maintenance Technician is responsible for the organization, installation and maintenance of all studio, production and news gathering equipment of the Station.
• Maintain, repair and operate all new equipment.
• Train others in how to maintain, repair and operate equipment.
• Make recommendations for repairs and maintenance to Engineering/IT Manager and Director of Engineering.
• Operate transmitter control room equipment including but not limited to switching, tuning in live truck signals, operating satellite receivers, monitoring transmitters, and recording feeds.
• Drive and operate live truck safely and as prescribed for newscasts and special events.
• Consult with IT department to aid in the setup and repair of Windows based PC systems, performing necessary set up and repairs under the direction of the IT department as needed.
• Perform additional duties as deemed necessary for the successful operation of the station as assigned by station management.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in broadcast television equipment repair, maintenance and installation, or related field.
• Working knowledge of microwave and satellite operations and broadcast standards is a plus.
• Familiarity with support and troubleshooting personal computers and complex technical systems.
• Must be self-motivated with ability to complete assigned projects with minimal supervision.
• Experience working as a team member with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of individuals.
• Able to handle on-call responsibilities and work odd hours (evenings, mornings and weekends) and work on holidays.
• Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked and a background check will be completed.
We are an equal opportunity employer.