Studio Technician II - KNXV
ABC15 in Phoenix, Arizona is looking for a Studio Technician II to operate video equipment to include, but not limited to all duties associated with operating the teleprompter, cameras, studio graphics and audio mixer for broadcast. Candidate will be able to floor direct and/or stage manage live, taped and field productions and assist in studio maintenance (organization, painting, clean-up), etc. The qualified candidate will also operate and record/edit VTRs, be able to navigate the internet (web), post video and text to KNXV-TV website.
• Ensure studio is prepared and set-ups are complete; assign and set-up mics for on-air talent and conduct mic checks; coordinate studio position/placement for live shows; operate tele-prompter and cameras during live and taped shows
• Operation of various technical equipment including, but not limited to, graphics systems, VizRt and Newsticker. Perform audio mixing, coordinate satellite feeds and monitor usage/charging systems
• Assist technical director with trouble-shooting technical problems and effectively resolves/removes roadblocks as they occur during production in the studio.
• Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
Skills & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of studio cameras, teleprompters, lighting and ENG cameras.
• Demonstrates knowledge of technical systems and floor operations
• Readily learns and applies training, new techniques and independent judgment
• Must be able to work a studio lift, capable of lifting 25 pounds or more
• Previous television station experience with live and taped programs.
• Live newscast production a plus. Non-linear editing and capturing experience required.
• Final Cut Pro-X experience a plus including editing, exporting, and converting/transcoding multiple video formats.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. One to three years’ experience.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 52 television stations in 36 markets, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape, Laff and Court TV; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.