WMBF News has an immediate opening for a Multimedia Journalist to lead our Florence, SC Bureau. We are looking for an energetic, self-starter who can multi-task and manage your time well. Clear, compelling storytelling, accurate breaking news, and community involvement are keys to success in this role. Candidate should also have an investigative mindset and be able to develop a network of sources who provide tips and allow the reporter to break stories.
* Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
* Shoot, write, edit, and present compelling stories, either solo or in collaboration with a photographer
* Produce at least a PKG and VOSOT in an 8 hour shift
* Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
* Create content for our digital and social platforms
* Four-year college degree
* At least one year newsroom experience
* Strong writing skills (broadcast and print) and editorial judgment
* Ability to shoot and edit on deadline
* Strong understanding of digital and social platforms
* Pre-employment drug screen and MVR check required
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and submit resume with link(s) to your work.