ABC15 and CW61 in Phoenix, are looking for a Sales Marketing Coordinator who will interact with our Sales team to assist with seamless sales campaign execution and contribute to a high level of client service support. This position will assist our sales team in implementing, maintaining, and enhancing sales marketing campaigns.
What You’ll Do
• Support successful product development and related communications within the team and related departments.
• Create and develop sales promotion campaigns utilizing integrated media.
• Present sales promotion campaigns to staff, clients, and internal departments, develop timelines for implementation of campaigns, and ensure assigned elements of campaigns are completed accurately and timely.
• Prospect and develop new, non-traditional revenue, and new media business opportunities for sales staff.
• Aid in identifying opportunities to improve efficiency, consistency, and sharing across all internal teams that impact advertising.
• Coordinate client calls with local and national New Media staff to present new and exciting sales promotion campaigns.
• Follow plans and priorities set by Sales, Marketing, and Analytics to assist in the overall health of our sales business.
• Oversee all projects from proposal to implementation.
• Complete revenue recognition in a variety of billing systems and compare reporting with third parties to confirm campaign reporting is tracking and campaigns are running as contracted.
• Troubleshoot on pre-launch creative; work with vendor to resolve creative issues.
• Work collaboratively with the sales team to recommend campaign modifications for optimal results.
• Work with the Director of Sales to interpret the results of monthly sales campaign results, assist in the RFP process for national sales campaigns, and respond to billing team inquiries to resolve monthly invoicing queries.
What You’ll Bring
• Adapt well to constantly changing environments.
• Demonstrate the ability to be proactive and resourceful with meticulous attention to detail.
• Demonstrate ability to successfully multi-task.
• Think creatively with strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.
• Ability to direct the sales promotional efforts across multiple platforms and must be able to work within a team environment.
• Ability to solve problems creatively.
• Ability to make professional presentations to individuals and groups.
What You’ll Need
• Four-year college degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
• Three years’ minimum television or related sales required.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Fundamental understanding of broadcast, radio, or cable sales preferred.
• Experience selling sales promotions, vendor, coop or cause marketing required.
• Experience in presenting and selling integrated media packages to non-traditional revenue clients required.
• Minimal travel required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products: PowerPoint, Excel and Word required.
• Experience with collateral broadcast industry software; One Domain, Wide Orbit, Scarborough/Prime Next preferred.
• License: Valid CA driver's license and proof of insurance required.
• Predominantly office environment with on location sites/events.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation's fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.