Are you ready for your next adventure?
Our sales team at Scripps is growing!
ABC15, Phoenix’s ABC affiliate, and CW61, Phoenix’s CW affiliate, are looking for a Sales Assistant.
• Facilitate and process sales presentations.
• Assist in generating sales reports.
• Work as an active and involved member of the team performing any task needed to support the retention and growth of advertising accounts and prospects. This includes but is not limited to customer calls, taking corrections and information from advertisers and setting appointments as needed.
• Provide overall sales support to assigned team to include but not limited to: Inputting ads into the ad order system, assist in collecting and composing ad copy, assist in maintaining account base and ensuring high customer service.
• Calculate and have the ability to communicate rate packages to client and prospects.
• With support from sales staff and managers, identify and correct any billing errors or issues prior to end of month.
• Correctly input client billing adjustments within the same month as dispute identified.
• Communicate and work as a team player both internally and externally.
• Attend sales training and planning meetings.
• Assist in researching problems that develop with accounts and troubleshoot the issue developing a satisfactory conclusion for the property and the customer needs.
• Assists Sales Manager on all special project details including but not limited to production schedule, rate authorization and non-ad department communication.
• Handles the daily general clerical functions such as filing, answering phones, creating correspondence and calculating rates to quote to customers when they call.
• Arranges and distributes various advertising materials and sales reports to the proper areas in a timely manner.
• Provide exemplary customer assistance.
• Attend and participate in training and planning sessions.
• Adheres to company policy and assigned standards of performance.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience/Certifications
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 0-2 years’ experience in a related field.
• Some college preferred.
Skills & Abilities
• Strong PowerPoint skills are a must (Ability to creatively use graphics to create PowerPoint presentations).
• Strong customer service skills.
• The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics information and creative layouts.
• Must have the ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and presentations.
• Strong communication skills and the capability to effectively respond to questions from managers, colleagues and customers.
• Must have the ability to calculate figures related to the advertising rate packages.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Must have the ability to learn new software programs such as ad order entry and customer relations management software.
• Must have good organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• No heavy lifting.
• Must be able to stand or sit at desk for long periods of time.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation's fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60 television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.